Sedona
Sleeping in - check; yummy breakfast at the Coffee Pot - check; back to the room to blog for just a bit - check! Off now to check out the galleries on 179 before having tea and scones and our readings at the Jazz Bouquet!
Hmmm. I've just realized that I haven't posted any of the photos Marilyn has been taking of me! Here's some catch up then!
![]() |
| Very Chihuli like! |
![]() |
| We'll need to come back and buy some of these teas for presents! |
![]() |
| Wish we could bring home some scones, too! |
Jeannie doesn't allow recordings because she wants us to have our right brains open and the electronics are left-brained and interfere. I can take notes during Marilyn's reading as long as I stay far enough away so that she doesn't read me at the same time as Marilyn. She says that Marilyn and I are both entering new cycles but that they will manifest differently. She also says that Sedona's red rocks are rich in iron ore that interacts with our bodies electromagnetic fields, making it such a powerful place. Sedona's job, as well as Jeannie's, is to help us release pent-up energies. She says she reads ancestors and angelic spirit guides, using many channels.
Marilyn goes first and Jeannie uses a deck of round Tarot cards and some numerology and astrology to make her readings. Several things she says confirm Sandy Ireland's reading from years ago and Marilyn's dad comes through loud and clear.
After a time it becomes my turn. My "future" card is The World! I guess I've got lots of good things going on in my life! I am supposed to clear out obstacles in August (8 of swords) and use my magic in a major new involvement in September (nine of wands). And there are bright new beginnings for my guys! All sounds good! She also shows me how to find a new chakra, called the Universal Chakra. I push until it hurts and I can feel my legs tingling. She says most people are not spiritually ready for it yet and that its color is turquoise, and that it and blue are good colors for me to wear. (Hard to know how much credence to place here. Maybe if I really see a golden triangle or two ravens, as predicted.)
While Jeannie is reading, Robert creates two beautiful bouquets. When complimented he says "I don't make the flowers, I just arrange them." And he makes wonderful scones!
After I'm done Jeannie makes some suggestions of things we need to see before we leave Sedona, like the library, the loop road, the Chapel in the Rock and the Cathedral Vortex. She also wants us to go back to Bell Rock and walk to the spot between it and Courthouse Butte. The energy is supposed to be strongest there and to balance us.
We take her card with her email on it and promise to write. And we pay for our scones, although no one had given us a bill! Before we forget everything, we return to our room to debrief and write down as much as we can remember from our readings. I'm typing and Marilyn is recharging her batteries. It was raining but has cleared up now. It will be good to go to dinner without getting soaked.
Off to try Picazzo's, "where pizza is an art!" Another Sue recommendation. It is very like Pizza Fusion in downtown Tampa. I have a pear and gorgonzola salad (thanks, Courtenay!) and Marilyn has blue cheese with walnuts and balsamic dressing. We split a small pizza with chicken, applewood bacon, brie, tarragon and mozzarella. We can barely finish it; but not for lack of trying!
![]() |
| Never before had water served with a cucumber slice! |
Now to check our New Frontiers, the grocery Sue told us about. There is a wonderful statue out front and inside are tons of organic vegetables, every variety of tea imaginable, bulk containers of dozens of different rices and other flours, including non-GMOs. What a cool place this would be to shop! Marilyn finds the bulletin board Sue told us to look for and sure enough there is an interesting concert tomorrow night in the Village of Oak Creek, right down the road!
![]() |
| Merlin |
![]() |
| by John Soderberg |
Now to find a liquor store, thanks to Marilyn's smartie phone! It, too, is just down the block and around the corner! Inside Sedona LIquors we settle on a bottle of Irish cream and head home. I open up the room and go for ice while Marilyn pays for our last night here. Turns out the ice machine requires quarters so I go back to the room and return with the requisite coinage. The first quartere gives me eight small cubes. For the next one I receive nothing, so I, too, head for the office. I get my coins back and am told that the machine is out of ice. No problem. This is enough for one round and we have a fridge so the whole bottle will be nicely chilled soon. And so will we!
A little night cap, a little blogging and it's off to dream land. OH, I've already seen one of my two ravens!















Yes! I believe in magic!
ReplyDeleteI believe, too! It is a marvelous place!
ReplyDeletemagic? of course!!!
ReplyDelete